The summer is heating up! So start preparing healthy, tasty and refreshing desserts like this carrot sorbet.
Carrots are an extremely versatile veggie. They can be used in almost any recipe, as a side-dish and on some occasions, as a dessert. Who doesn't love carrot cake? This dessert is delicious, vegan and gluten-free! Need we say more?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 1 pint
- 2 CUPS CARROT JUICEHOMEMADE
- 1/2 CUP GINGER JUICE
- 3/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium pot.
- Heat and stir the juices and sugar on the stove until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Chill thoroughly and strain.
- Freeze the mixture in a pint or any other tall saver for 2 hours before serving.