Serves: 10-12 patties
- 2 cups cooked & cooled forbidden black rice
- 1 cup sprouted beans or brown/green lentils, cooked, cooled, drained well
- 2 small beets, cooked and grated
- 1 tsp paprika less or more
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp tamari sauce
- 10 cashews
- truffle salt or pink salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- coconut oil for cooking the patties
- In food processor bowl pulse down the cooked brown rice, shredded beets and sprouted beans (or lentils) few times until well combined. You should still see a texture of rice and beets. Transfer to a wide mixing bowl and add in all other ingredients. Mix well and taste. Adjust the seasoning.
- If your mixture is still wet and difficult to form a patty put it in fridge for ½ hour or so.
- Line a baking sheet or large tray with non-stick baking paper or silicon mat, shape your patties with hands and place on top.
- I used my favorite Air Fryer and cooked them for 20 minutes at 350ª (but you can use any non-stick or cast-iron flat pan or griddle whatever you have on hand. Cook patties with a little oil for 5-7 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Using my Air Fryer I was able to cook 5 patties at the same time without crowding them. They came out nicely charred and perfect.
- These patties goes well in sandwich or burger. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings and sauce.
If you're not serving them soon, transfer the cooked patties on cooling rack and let them cool down completely. Store in air-tight container and freeze well.