You will LOVE this healthier skinny "Nutella" - it is low in sugar, vegan and full of nutrients and healthy fats. Not to mention, a lot lower in calories than the regular store-bought Nutella.
This recipe is for those dark chocolate lovers - if you prefer something a little sweeter, I recommend adding Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 2 tsp oil for extra smoothness
- Optional: 2 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips for a sweeter result.
- Roast hazelnuts for 8 minutes at 350 F.
- Let them cool slightly and place them in a kitchen towel and rub until the skins come off.
- In a Vita-mix or food processor (my favorite is Vitamix - worth the 300 bucks!) blend the nuts and all other ingredients for a while, until it’s smooth like Nutella!
- If adding the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Enjoy with toast or your favorite fruits - like apple!