This is a tip that my friend gave over 15 years ago - she was from New York and whenever she gained a few extra lbs., she would make her favorite Manischewitz Soup Mix. That is all she would eat... and in a few days, just like that, Stephanie would lose the extra baggage. The Manischewitz soups are really delicious but have gluten, unfortunately, and a lot of sodium. So, since then I have followed in Stephanie's steps but with homemade soups, and it's been one of my best tools to maintain a healthy weight without feeling deprived.
Fast-forward to today, and now soups are the latest craze, The New York Times did an article about it last year "Souping is the New Juicing." Finally, I thought! I'm a huge fan because unlike juices, soups retain their fiber - so good for you!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
Here are some soup benefits:
- Its fiber slows down digestion and makes you feel fuller longer.
- They're easy on the wallet - not expensive at all!
- Low in calories but filling!
- Convenience - you can grab n' go. Make a lot of soup and freeze for later.
- Hot or cold - you can have whatever you like! Gazpacho, a hearty chicken soup - it's all fair game.
This is why I developed my Soup N' Chew program - it is an E-book that not only gives you a 5-day program to Soup N' Chew, but it also really teaches you how to cook in a healthy way. DON'T PANIC!!! There's not a whole lot of cooking involved - it really is just one afternoon that you have to heat vegetables up on a pan :) :) :)
I created this e-book to make it accesible for everyone. I have developed similar plans for my private clients but not everyone has the resources to do my one-on-one courses.
Here's what my Soup N' Chew E-book has:
- A shopping list, divided in categories, and an easy to buy list on Amazon
- Repeated meals so it's a manageable grocery store purchase - the recipes alternate one day to the next
- The least amount of cooking possible - we set it up so that you cook everything the night before you begin
- Images and videos for you to follow along
- Healthy tips so you are not just doing it - you are learning and changing your habits as you do my program