You heard that right - lentil burger patties! A delicious, delicious recipe that is full of protein and super fun to make!
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 2 cups popped amaranth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lentils in water and salt to taste in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until lentils are just tender.
- Drain off any water and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan cook sweet potatoes covered with a lid for 15-20 min. Once tender drain and peel off the skin.
- Puree sweet potatoes by hand. Add chickpea flour, spinach, dill, mint and basil and mash together. Add lentils, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Take up about 1/3 cup of the mixture and form into a ball. Roll the ball in the popped amaranth then gently flatten into a patty.
- Set on a plate and continue with the rest of the mixture. Refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour or longer (the longer the better).
- When you’re ready to cook, Heat 2 coconut oil in a 12-inch, heavy nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- Place 4 to 5 patties in the pan (do not crowd), and cook until well browned on one side, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with salad and my homemade beet ketchup. Enjoy!