This crab & avocado tostada was whipped up in seconds! I made it with leftovers from the day before.
One of the basic ingredients in the Mexican diet is the tortilla, we practically eat everything inside one and it is also one of my favorite ingredients! A tostada is a baked tortilla (typically fried) that serves as a solid base, we love to top it with any ingredient.
All you need is good quality baked tostadas, you can always make your own by baking a regular tortilla in the oven or in a comal for 5 minutes on each side until becomes crunchy.
Here's the recipe for a fresh and easy topping, and remember, you can always top with your favorite ingredients just do not top with anything too liquidy in order for the tostada not to get mushy and for it not to break.
- 2 tostadas (baked tortillas)
- 250 gr fresh crab meat
- 1 hass avocado
- 150 gr cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- lemon drops to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional sliced serrano chile for garnish
- Place the tostada in a flat surface and top with crab meat.
- Add some lemon drops, salt an pepper to taste.
- Using a potato peeler, place the seeded and halved avocado on a cutting board and take out some slices, placing them on the side (I recommend you keep the avocado in the fridge before you peel!)
- Roll the over and place between the crab meat.
- Sprinkle cotija cheese on top.