This creamy carrot-coconut soup is a wonderful way to enjoy beta-Carotene-rich carrots, especially during the chilly fall and winter months. Ginger adds a spicy kick and works as a natural anti inflammatory.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 large carrots, grated and peeled
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cms fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder or 2cms fresh turmeric
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cashews for garnish
- Bring a pot to medium low heat. Add coconut oil and cook carrot, onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cook for 8 minutes or until carrots are soft and onion turns traslucid.
- Add coconut milk and water, season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the ingredients and transfer back to the same pot.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and enjoy warm.