This avocado and quinoa veggie tartare was my husband´s creation for a surprise dinner at home, he knows i´m obsessed with quinoa and always have a cooked batch at the fridge, so he used the vegetables we had and some black beans and made this delicious and beautiful creation!
The different colorful layers of ingredients not only make this dish look great, but also blend its flavors perfectly. This recipe is vegetarian, but you can also incorporate a layer of protein such as cooked shrimp or salmon. It's refreshing and served cold, perfect for the summer!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 people
- 2 AVOCADOS RIPENED, CUBED
- 1 1/2 CUPS BLACK QUINOACOOKED
- 1 CAN BLACK BEANS
- Pico de Gallo
- 2 TOMATOES CUT INTO SMALL CUBES
- 1 RED ONION CUT INTO SMALL CUBES
- 1/2 CUP CILANTROCHOPPED
- 1 SERRANO CHILE FINELY CHOPPED
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 4 LEMONS JUICED
- SALT TO TASTE
- Cook the quinoa as directed in the box. Cool and reserve.
- Prepare the pico de gallo, mixing the cubed tomatoes and onions, cilantro, serrano chile, olive oil and juice of four lemons. Season with salt to taste.
- Use a 3-inch mold or a PVC tube to assemble the tartare tower one layer at a time.
- Start with one layer of avocado, a thin layer of quinoa, a layer of black beans, and a layer of pico de gallo. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove the ring or tube and serve chilled.