Give this delish healthy homemade corn ice cream a try! It might sound a bit exotic, but I'll bet you'll be back for more!
During peak corn season, I eat as much corn as possible, and this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. It tastes refreshing but like no other ice cream that you have had before!
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 1 pint
- 2 CUPS CANNED ORGANIC YELLOW CORN DRAINED
- 1 CUP HEAVY CREAM
- 1/3 CUP ALMOND MILK
- 1/3 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR PACKED
- 3 LARGE EGG YOLKS
- 2 TBSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- AGAVE SYRUP TO TASTE
- SALT TO TASTE
- Place the drained corn in the blender and puree until completely smooth. Add the puree to a bowl along with ½ cup of the heavy cream.
- Heat the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until it has tiny bubbles around its edges. While that happens, in a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Once combined, add the mix back to the saucepan and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into the bowl with the puree and heavy cream. Whisk to combine and refrigerate until the mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Serve with some agave, raspberry or blueberry syrup on top and enjoy!