Did you know avocado is actually a fruit? Yes, and growing up in México we ate them almost everyday, for breakfast, lunch and dinner - in savory dishes. It's one of my favorite easy healthy meals!
However, I recently discovered that this fatty superfood tasted delicious as dessert, I started testing in the kitchen and here is one of the results!
- 2 CUPS HASS AVOCADOS, PEELED AND CUBED
- 1 CUP COCONUT CREAM
- 1/3 CUP COCONUT MILK
- 1/3 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR PACKED
- 3 LARGE EGG YOLKS
- 2 TBSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- SALT TO TASTE
- Place the cubed avocado in a blender, and puree until completely smooth. Add the puree to a bowl along with ½ cup of the coconut cream.
- Heat the remaining ½ cup of coconut cream, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Once the cream mixture has tiny bubbles around the edges, slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking all the while. Once combined, add back to the saucepan and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into the bowl with the puree, whisk to combine and refrigerate until the mixture is throughly chilled.
- Freeze for 2 hours and enjoy!