Tuna-stuffed avocado is an easy, nutritious and delicious dish commonly made in many Mexican homes. We love avocados any time of the year, for lunch, dinner, or even as a fancy snack!
They can be stuffed with any other seafood, but i think they pair particularly well with tuna. I just discovered that mixing tuna with vegan mayo gives the right amount of creamy and of course, i added my spicy touch with some chipotles.
If you don't find them you can always chop some serrano chile and add it to the mix.
You can judge for yourself in just 20 minutes!
- 4 AVOCADOS RIPE BUT FIRM
- 2 CANS ALBACORE TUNA IN WATER
- ½ CUP RED ONION, CHOPPED
- ½ CUP CELERY, DICED
- ½ TOMATO, DICED
- ¼ CUP HELLMAN´S VEGAN MAYONAISSE
- ½ CAN CHIPOTLES EN ADOBO
- 3 LIMES JUICED
- 4 TBSP CILANTRO CHOPPED
- 4 TBSP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SALT TO TASTE
- PEPPER TO TASTE
- In a large bowl, combine drained tuna, red onion, celery, tomato, mayo, chipotles, lime juice, cilantro and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Five minutes before you serve, halve the avocados, remove the seeds, and drizzle lime juice before stuffing.
- Place the avocado halves on a serving plate. Fill with the tuna mixture and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.