An upgrade to your lunch bowl game, this amazingly tasty and easy to make meal will have you looking forward to lunch like never before.
Isn't it the best feeling when you bring lunch to work and you actually want to eat it because it's delicious, not because you have to? Well, this quinoa nopales lunch bowl is an awesome lunch option. Give it a try!
The magic in this dish is in the combination of the quinoa, slightly spicy nopales, and of course, avocado.
Feel free to add your favorite protein to the mix!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 3 CUPS TRICOLOR QUINOA
- 6 MEDIUM NOPALES CUT INTO STRIPS
- 2 TOMATOS DICED
- 1 CUP YELLOW ORGANIC CORN
- 1 CUP BLACK BEANS, OR BEANS OF YOUR CHOICE (PRE-COOKED - I USE LOW-SODIUM CANNED)
- 1 CUP SCALLIONS, DICED
- 3 AVOCADOS RIPE
- 1 SERRANO CHILE SEEDED AND DEVEINED
- 3/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 2 LEMONS JUICED
- SALT TO TASTE
- PEPPER TO TASTE
- CILANTRO FOR GARNISH
- Cook quinoa according to the package instructions. Reserve.
- Broil cactus pads or nopales in medium heat over a skillet, once they release their liquid completely remove from heat, chop and set aside.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables. Add oil, lemon juice salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients with the with quinoa and enjoy!