When it comes to a carb and flavor loaded dish for our cheat meal, a lot of us want to indulge in a big bowl of pasta, right? What if we were able to substitute some ingredients and still have the same feeling? Here's the answer to that! I think we can do it with this gluten-free pasta with avocado and shrimp.
- 1 BOX RICE, QUINOA OR GLUTEN FREE PASTA
- 5 OZ CILANTRO LEAVES
- 5 OZ SLICED ALMONDS
- 14 OZ VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 RIPE AVOCADOS
- 2 LIMES, THE JUICE
- 1 SERRANO CHILE SEEDED AND CHARRED
- 1/2 LB SHRIMP PEELED
- 1 JALAPEÑO CHILE SEEDED AND CHARRED
- 3 SMALL CLOVES GARLIC CHOPPED
- SALT TO TASTE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine in the blender at the lowest level the avocados, lemon, almonds, serrano chile, jalapeño chile and the garlics, blend until paste forms and add the cilantro blend for 10 more seconds and reserve.
- In a saucepan put 2 tbsp virgin olive oil, cook the shrimp for 3 minutes at medium heat and once they change color add the pesto mix from the blender.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the shrimp and mix well. Enjoy!