Looking for a different side dish to accompany your entrée? Mexican Green Rice is the answer to all your prayers. It's delicious and its lively green color looks great next to anything!
This is not your typical Mexican rice; this one is green and full of flavor! Some people like to add poblano pepper and corn to their rice, but I like to keep it simple. It's perfect as a side dish, and everyone who tries it becomes an immediate fan! Need some spice in your life? Add some drops of your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!
- 2 CUPS RICE WHITE, LONG-GRAIN
- 4 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
- 3/4 VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 LARGE WHITE ONION, CHOPPED
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC MINCED
- 2 CUPS FRESH PARSLEYCOARSELY CHOPPED
- 1 SERRANO CHILE SEEDED
- SALT TO TASTE
- PEPPER TO TASTE
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and stir occasionally until the grains become lightly tanned.
- In the meantime, mix the chicken broth, onion, garlic, serrano chile and parsley in the blender.
- Add to the rice and stir 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is just tender and broth is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice to bowl and top with Oaxaca cheese.
- Cover with aluminium foil and serve once the cheese melts.