I have loved matcha green tea for as long as I can remember, and every time I eat in me and my husband's favorite Japanese restaurant, I cannot resist the temptation to pre-order the matcha ice cream!
When I moved to Miami, I drove 40 minutes to my nearest Trader Joe's, and instantly fell in love. One of their best products EVER is the Matcha-Latte powder, the key ingredient for your very own "Matcha Frappé" to refresh you from the Miami eternal summer weather.
I truly believe that every meal needs to have a sweet ending, and since I quit eating refined sugar, white flour and dairy, I decided to create my own ¨Matcha Bread¨.
After preparing this, you will know that it does not have to be an extra chocolate-butter dessert to be amazing, trust me it has the exact amount of sweetness provided by coconut sugar, natural antioxidants and all the guilt free to enjoy in every bite!
- 1 cup cashew vanilla milk
- 4 tsp. Matcha green tea powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, spray a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Blend together the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Once incorporated add all teh other ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-50 min or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool at the countertop for at least 1 hour before serving.