You do not need special equipment to make this coconut matcha ice-cream. It is an antioxidant packed dessert. Green tea powder, or matcha, consists of stone-ground green tea leaves. As you probably already know, green tea boosts the metabolism, lifts your mood, is full of amino acids, and increases your energy.
Matcha retains all of the health benefits of green tea leaves and your body absorbs far more when you eat it, rather than steeping the leaves into tea.
So that being said, vegans and non-vegans from all over the world, say hello to your new favorite ice-cream
- 2 cans full fat, unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated)
- 2 cups cashew milk (refrigerated)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp organic Matcha
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: Cacao nibs, coconut chips, cashews or candied pumpkin seeds for topping
- Mix ingredients together in a food processor until well combined.
- Prepare a freezer safe pan with parchment paper.
- Pour ice cream mixture into pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the freezer overnight to allow to fully freeze.
- Allow to sit on the counter for 10 minutes to soften before serving.
- Top with suggested toppings or just sprinkle a pinch of powdered Matcha.