I like to turn everything into a bowl somehow - and so I deconstructed one of my favorite meals to make this Mexican Taco Bowl.
Ideal for lunch or dinner, be sure to have a batch of it just in case you cannot stop eating it!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked black or pinto beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 ripened avocado in cubes
- 1/2 cup organic yellow corn
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella or queso fresco
- Homemade Salsa Verde (garlic, onion, green tomatillo, chile serrano, cilantro and chicken broth)
- Place the warm rice over a soup bowl.
- Add all the pre-cooked ingredients one by one.
- Add as much salsa as you con tolerate.
For the vegan/vegetarian version, I recommend cooking nopales (cactus pads) and replace the chicken with them.
You can also top with shredded tortilla chips to give a crunchy taste!