Aguachile, ceviche and seafood cocktails are the most famous seafood dishes served on the beaches of Mexico. What they all have in common is that the shellfish used is cooked in lemon.
I created this crab and quinoa ceviche tostada recipe. I enjoy my favorite seafood flavors with a crunch and tons of fiber from the quinoa, and this recipe has both.
- 2 CUPS QUINOA
- 1 LBS CRAB. FRESH
- 5 GREEN LEMONS JUICE
- 1/2 RED ONION
- 1/2 FIST CILANTRO
- 1 SERRANO CHILE YOU CAN ADD MORE OR REMOVE
- 3/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 1 INCH FRESH GINGER
- SALT TO TASTE
- PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1 - 2 AVOCADOS SLICED
- Cook quinoa as directed on the box. Once cooked, cool and reserve.
- Clean the crab, leaving only the soft parts. If canned, drain and reserve.
- Blend lemons, red onion, cilantro, serrano chile, olive oil, fresh ginger and salt and pepper together. Combine with reserved crab. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Once you are ready to serve, top each tostada with three tablespoons of crab mix, garnish with avocado slices and onion.
- Enjoy chilled.