Chia puddings are all the rage lately - and you can have this cocoa-chia pudding for breakfast or a snack.
Did you know the aztecs where the first ones who discovered and embraced chia? Chia is a superfood that has become the seed of the decade. And it's no surprise, given that it is high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, omega-3's and has five times more calcium than milk.
You'll need four glass jars or glasses to refrigerate overnight.
- 3 CUPS ALMOND MILK
- 4 TBSP ORGANIC CHIA SEEDS
- 4 TBSP ALMONDS SLICED, OR CASHEWS
- 3 TSP AGAVE SYRUP
- 2 TBSP ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT
- 4 TBSP COCONUT, SHREDDED
- 4 TSBP ORGANIC UNSWEETENED COCOA
- 10 STRAWBERRIES THINLY SLICED
- 15 BLUEBERRIES (OPTIONAL)
- Mix chia seeds, almonds and coconut in a small bowl. Add three tablespoons of the mix to each jar. Set aside.
- Blend milk, agave syrup, vanilla and cocoa. Pour some in each jar, covering chia mix, leaving about half an inch of the jar with space for the final layer.
- Top each jar with strawberries or blueberries.
- Refrigerate overnight.