This baked salmon in honey and ají amarillo is a sure-fire hit with just the right amount of fuego from the aji amarillo. It's a little sweet from the honey, too!
- 1 1/2 POUNDS SALMON FILLET WITH SKIN, (1 1/4 TO 1 1/2 INCHES THICK)
- SALT TO TASTE
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC
- 2 TBSP HONEY
- 1 TBSP AJÍ AMARILLO PASTE
- 1/2 TSP RICE VINEGAR
- 1/2 TSP CORIANDER SEEDSCRUSHED
- 1/4 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER FRESHLY GROUND
- Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and lightly coat with oil. Pat salmon dry and place, skin side down, on pan. Season it with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt. Stir together with mustard, honey, aji amarillo paste, vinegar, coriander, and pepper.
- Spread mustard mixture evenly on top of salmon.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer salmon to a platter with 2 large spatulas.
- Cut into 4 servings.